Well it has been a while so I thought I would send a small update. We actually have been busy working on our first game MAX the last few months.
For starters, we are just about complete our new game level designer. It is a major improvement from our previous one which only worked on desktops. The new designer will work on all supported platforms, and level that are created will be able to be uploaded to our servers for other people (and friends) to play.
We have also been simplifying the development process by removing some other tools that were slowing down our workflow.
On top of all that, we have changed domain and hosting providers for the website. A big Thank You goes out to Namecheap for their excellent service so far. There is still one more domain to move, but I expect it to go pretty well. The site is faster, and we have MUCH more control over it than we did before.
Also, to prepare for the need for hosting data for our first game, we needed some servers for hosting our web services. We found a great deal for some beefy servers from Cloud3K hosting. Lots of memory, disk and bandwidth. Here is a review of their services from Low End Box.
Well that’s all for right now.